Port Richmond High School's Health & Wellness Center is run by Staten Island University Hospital/Northwell Health and is part of the Division of Adolescent Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics. The Heath Center is staffed by an interdisciplinary team of licensed professionals consisting of medical and mental health providers.
Students can use the School Health & Wellness Center and see their family doctors as well. Completing and signing the consent form does not change their insurance, does not change private doctors, and does not affect the number of times the student can see their primary doctor.
At the School Health & Wellness Center, students can receive the services below at no cost to families, regardless of insurance status. The Health Center is allowed to bill insurance, however there are no co-pays and no bills.
School Health & Wellness Center Services Include:
- Complete physical examinations
- Medications and prescriptions
- Medical laboratory tests
- Medical care, including treatment for acute and chronic conditions
- Health Education and Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling and services
- Screening for vision, hearing, asthma, obesity, and other medical conditions
- Access to care 24 hours/day, 7 days a week
- Age appropriate reproductive health care
Completed Parental Consent Forms can be returned to the students teacher or directly to the School Health & Wellness Center in Room B-156.